Top benefits of Sarvangasan/ Shoulder stand pose are given below: (Vedio Link)
- Thyroid Gland: The shoulderstand yoga pose is good for the healthy functioning of pituitary, pineal, kidney, liver, spleen and testes. Thus, it regulates the functions of all the glands of the body.
- Invigorates circulatory system: The asana is good in case of circulatory system, respiratory system and digestive system.
- Headache: It enhances the supply of blood to the head region and good for managing headache and migraine.
- Hypertension: It has cooling effect to the nerves, thus beneficial for high blood pressure patient.
- Insomnia: It is good for insomnia patient as it facilitates blood supply to this region.
- Constipation: It seems to be panacea for constipation patient. Person suffering from constipation should practice it regularly.
- Intestinal Ulcers: It stimulates the intestinal and stomach glands thus good for ulcer in these region.
- Hair Fall: It enhances supply of blood in the head region and prevents hair fall.
- Sexual Disorders: The yoga pose is beneficial in case of sexual problems such as frequent abortions, leucorrhoea, syphilis, etc.
- Weight Loss : It helps in burning of fat.
- Eyesight: It is good for eye vision..
- Skin care : It helps to prevent wrinkles, pimples and delay aging.
The shoulder stand yoga pose has contraindications and side effects. Some of the cautions of Sarvangasana are being mentioned below.
- The asana shouldn’t be performed by those who have high blood pressure.
- Avoid this asana during menstruation.
Having experiencing spinal problems, skip this asana.
- Don’t practice in case of glaucoma, acute thyroid problems, chronic neck conditions, shoulder injuries and retina problems.
- It should be avoided by those who have heart problems, middle ear problem, capillary, weak age, spondylosis, and Slip disc.
- Functioning of pituitary, pineal, kidney, liver, spleen and testes. Thus, it regulates the functions of all the glands of the body.