Benefits of Vrikshasana (Tree Pose) (Vedio Link)
Vrikshasana has several benefits for your health, some of which are listed below:
- It strengthens your spine and improves your posture.
- Vrikshasana strengthens your thighs, knees and calf muscles.
- It helps in improving your balance.
- When done regularly, this asana may help in relieving sciatica pain.
- It also helps to improve flat feet problems.
Since it requires a lot of focus, Vrikshasana helps in improving concentration.
Precautionsto take before Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
You should take the following precautions before practising Vrikshasana:
- If you suffer from migraine, high or low blood pressure, do not practice this asana.
- Avoid practising Vrikshasana if you suffer from insomnia.
- In the beginning, you may find it difficult to place your leg above the knee, so you can place it below the knees but never place it on the knee.
Avoid this asana if you have had a recent leg injury or injury to your knees.