Eligibility and Admission Procedure
Admissions to first year of the 3 year LL.B. course, is strictly based on merit, based on the marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination.
To be eligible for admission in the 3 year LL.B. course, the candidate should:
1. Have graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State Legislature or an equivalent national institution recognised as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognised as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for three year degree course in law leading to the conferment of LL.B. degree on successful completion of the regular programme conducted under these Regulations.
2. Be or be less than thirty years in case of general category of applicants and thirty five years in the case of applicants from SC, ST and other backward communities as on 1st June.
3. Have secured marks, which shall not be below 45% (44.5% and above shall be treated as 45%) of total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of total marks in case of SC and ST applicants.
Intake and Reservation
The intake in 3 year LL.B. course shall be 60. While admitting candidates to the course, reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka governing admission to higher educational institutions issued from time to time shall be applied.
Candidate seeking admission to the 3 Year LL. B. degree course and those admitted to such course shall pay the tuition and other fees as prescribed by the University from time to time.
1. The student must have attended a minimum of 75% classes conducted in the semester. *
2. The student shall have paid the examination fees and submitted the applications to the University for both semesters of the academic year.*
3. Minimum Two subjects should completed in each academic year.(i.e. 2 semesters)*
* No student shall be promoted to next academic year unless above provisions are fulfilled.
4. Students are required to successfully complete the entire course within Eight years for (3 years) and 10 Years for (5 years) from admission to the course.
AWARD OF THE DEGREE
A student shall be eligible for the award of the LL.B. Degree after he/ she has successfully completed all the prescribed courses in all the semesters and has secured a minimum of 40% in the aggregate provided his or her character and conduct are found to be satisfactory during the course.
AWARD OF CLASSES
The award of classes shall be as under:
a) 70% and more First Class with Distinction
b) 60% and above but less than 70% First Class
c) 50% and above but less than 60% Second Class
d) 40% and above but less than 50% Pass Class