Aims and objectives
This cell is formed to enable SC/ST students to have access to the facilities provided by College/University/Social Welfare Department. This Cell also ensures to redress the grievances of the students if any. It is a statutory cell which aims at welfare of SC/ST students. The main objectives of the cell are as follows:
1. It provides information on the social welfare scheme of Government of Karnataka/India as well as local authorities.
2. It provides information about books available from social welfare department to assist slow learner.
3. It give detailed information about scholarship facilities.
4. It reviews the performance of the students in the examination.
Composition of the Committee
1. Dr.Tharanath, Principal, Chairman
2. Ms. Suma Suresh Kogilgeri, Assistant Professor, Co-ordinator
3. Ms. Aishwarya Raj, student member
Recent activities during the academic year 2018-2019
At its first meeting students were informed about the significance of this cell. Later students were informed about various social welfare scheme available to them. A talk was delivered by Mr. Shailesh, F D A, on availing scholarship facilities.