Manupatra Legal Databases – http://www.manupatra.com
It is a source for fast, complete and comprehensive research and information on Supreme Court and all High Courts Judgements. It covers complete judgements of all the courts till date with multi featured search system. (This website is Password protected)
It is a CD-ROM database and contains all the judgements of Supreme Court appered in 14 national level law reports since 1950 with multi featured search options
NFLIBNET N-List Resources : http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/
The Project entitled “National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST)”, being jointly executed by the UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium. The N-LIST project provides access to e-resources to students, researchers and faculty from colleges and other beneficiary institutions through server(s) installed at the INFLIBNET Centre. The authorized users from colleges can now access e-resources and download articles required by them directly from the publisher’s website once they are duly authenticated as authorized users through servers deployed at the INFLIBNET Centre. The Consortium subscribes to the resources for the colleges . All electronic resources subscribed under N-LIST Programme are available from the publisher’s Web site. It enable the users to access nearly 4000+ full text journals and 30, 00,000 E-books on different subjects areas.
LEGALL as an app, the first of its kind in India, is a self contained programme designed to provide easy access to Law & Lawyers on one platform which can be downloaded by a user to a mobile device. This app would not only help the law inquisitive minds but also the public at large as it provides some of the best services in the legal field
Other important open online sources:
- Constitution of India: (http://www.constitution.org/ )
The site aims to eventually provide almost everything one needs to accurately decide what is constitutional in most situations and what applicable constitutions require one to do. It is for constitutional decision support.
- Parliament of India: https://parliamentofindia.nic.in/
- Judgment Information System – judis.gov.in
The Judgments Information system consists of the Judgments of the Supreme Court of India and several High Courts. In the case of the Supreme Court all reported Judgments which are published in SCR Journal, since its inception i.e. 1950 till date are available.
- India Code Information system – (https://indiacode.nic.in/)
It is a database of all the Central Legislations. With the help of this system, not only the procedures of locating the relevant precedents and amendments are highly simplified but retrieving any Central Act
- Library of Karnataka High Court– http://karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/hcklibrary/index.html
- Law commissions of Karnataka – http://www.karnataka.gov.in/lawcommission/Pages/Home.aspx
- Law Commission of India – http://www.lawcommissionsofindia.nic.in
Lets you know about the top law firms with neat divisions on the basis of the place the law firm is situated in; the tier to which it belongs; the practice areas etc. A little time here will help you arrive at the law firm you should look to intern at or work for.
LegallyIndia’s comments; which come in dozens and scores are perhaps the best insider knowledge a law student can wish for.
Three leading websites which cover legal news; latest deals and lets you know how good or bad a law firm is doing; the people they are hiring and the places they are expanding to. LiveLaw is more focused on court reporting.
12. National Digital library – https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
- InternShala: (https://internshala.com/) These websites are not just restricted for law students but cover the whole gamut of internship, conferences, seminars, B-Plan Competitions happening in India. A little hunting and scouring will be well worth the time.
- All conferences: (http://www.allconferences.com/) While LetMeknow, InternShala and Twenty19 cater to the Indian audience; AllConferences.com spreads its net further. For the bold and the ambitious, eager to visit foreign lands for that highly esteemed paper presentation and that much wanted foreign trip; this is the place to be.
- Superlawyer.in: ( https://superlawyer.in/) Interviews with leading lawyers, young lawyers, in nearly every area of law (or non law). Contains some big names, some not so big names.
- IndianKanoon: (https://indiankanoon.org/) The Google of all laws in India. Free to search and a gold mine.
- Rainmaker India : http://www.rainmaker.co.in/ – Our mission is to develop engaging and interactive training modules to transform boring legal compliance training into an engaging and interesting learning experience.
- Nyaaya.in – http://nyaaya.in – Nyaya intends to be resource of all laws and committed to providing you with clear actionable information about Indian laws in simple language, so you can protect yourself, assert your rights and seek justice.
An initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development to provide the Educational materials for users ranging from primary to postgraduate levels.